Crisis PR – damage limitation and managing bad news
How to keep your reputation intact when things go pear-shaped
Handling the media with confidence is vital when bad news strikes, negative headlines loom and Facebook goes bananas.
Even the best organisations can end up in the firing line through no fault of their own, and need help with the press and social media. You may be facing public protests about a sensitive issue. You could be in a legal pickle. But don't panic. There's a lot more to crisis PR than a damage limitation exercise.
- handle the press and social media in an emergency
- guide you through a controversial local issue
- ensure a temporary crisis doesn’t become a long-term PR disaster
- smoothe the communication channels in a tricky situation
- help you turn bad news to your advantage
- keep your name out of the paper
- manage negative activity on social media channels
- train you to speak at a press conference
- help you keep your head when all around are losing theirs!
If the flak is really flying and you're under siege, we can troubleshoot for you until the crisis blows over. We can join your crisis management team or help you to build one from scratch.
What they said: "The Cotswold Water Park Trust asked Anita Syvret for help when the press were beating a path to our door at a very difficult time. She guided us through the crisis brilliantly and gave us the confidence to handle the media ourselves in future. We couldn’t have asked for more," Matthew Millett, Managing Director, Cotswold Water Park Trust